20 Warning Signs Your Parent Needs Help at Home
20 Warning Signs
20 Warning Signs
This doesn't necessarily mean that your loved one has to go to assisted living or a nursing home, but they may need some extra help in their home. If they're not willing to admit it, how do you know if your elderly parent needs home care? Here are some warning signs to look for:
- Spoiled food that doesn't get thrown away
- Missing important appointments
- Unexplained bruising
- Trouble getting up from a seated position
- Difficulty with walking, balance and mobility
- Uncertainty and confusion when performing once-familiar tasks
- Unpleasant body odor
- Infrequent showering and bathing
- Strong smell of urine in the house
- Noticeable decline in grooming habits and personal care
- Dirty house, extreme clutter and dirty laundry piling up
- Stacks of unopened mail or an overflowing mailbox
- Late payment notices, bounced checks and calls from bill collectors
- Poor diet or weight loss
- Loss of interest in hobbies and activities
- Changes in mood or extreme mood swings
- Forgetting to take medications – or taking more than the prescribed dosage
- Diagnosis of dementia or early onset Alzheimer's
- Unexplained dents and scratches on a car
"20 Warning Signs Your Parent Needs Help at Home" was provided courtesy of AgingCare.com and written by Mario Sollitto.
AgingCare.com is a leading website that connects people caring for elderly parents to other caregivers, personalized information, and local resources. Go to http://www.agingcare.com/.
10 Prayers For HealingJesus wants you to know that He has both the capacity and the desire to heal...
Is Social Media Sabotaging Real CommunicationSocial media tools like Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat are becoming the new...
Are My Insecurities Ruining Relationships?Are promising relationships slipping through the cracks because of insecurity...
Success Sundays: Sir Richard Branson, Founders of...Sir Richard Branson, the creator of the Virgin brand - Virgin Records, Virgin...
More from Beliefnet