Can Angels Help You Find True Love?
A story from the Book of Genesis shows how God can use angels to guide people toward their soulmate.
- Can angels help you find true love?
- How do angels communicate with the deaf?
- Will God create any more angels?
- Regina M.
Yes, Regina, God is interested in helping you find love. The Bible teaches that God uses His angels to help us in every important area of our lives. One of the great stories in the Old Testament is found in Genesis 24. Here we find an angel who plays a major role in finding a bride for Isaac. Although times and marriage customs have changed since Isaac's and Rebecca's era, Genesis 24 reveals that angels play a part in love and romance. However, the verses do not tell us how the angel did his work. Today we may not be aware that God is at work, but God is still using his angels to arrange our life circumstances and to guide us in our choices.
Here are some general principles to guide you in finding love:
- Remember that what you are really looking for is God’s will. The closer you are to God, the easier it will be to find His will in every decision, including love.
- Pray specifically for guidance in finding a companion. Notice that in Genesis 24 the prayer for guidance was offered to God, not the angel.
- As in Genesis 24, go where you are most likely to find someone who shares your values and faith.
- Be aware that you may find someone in the most ordinary activities of life. For Rebecca it was in the daily routine of drawing water from the well.
- Since you never know when God is working in your life, always be a kind, generous, and helpful person. Rebecca even offered to water 10 camels!
To learn more about how an angel helped Isaac found his wife, read Genesis 24 and my retelling of the story, "The Romantic Angel: Finding A Bride for Isaac