How to Stop Overeating
Cracking the Overeating Code
JT: Dr. Kessler, you invested seven years of your life meeting with top scientists, physicians and food industry insiders, exploring and investigating just how we (Americans) have lost control of our eating habits. This research must be very important to you.
DK: Yes, very important on a number of levels. While watching Oprah, I heard a woman speak about her inability to control her eating, and the pain and frustration that accompanied her lack of control. I wondered, "What is going on? What's driving this?"
And I related to her story. There's almost nothing in my life that I do on impulse. But foods and the cues that surround them have the power to make me act against my own will. I wanted to understand how this works. I wanted to crack the code.
- Giving Thanks 2014: Still a Lot to be Grateful For
- day 26 in a month of Thanksgiving: cranberries, turkey, and pie...oh my!
- How to EAT (until sated), DRINK (in moderation), and BE GRATEFUL (in excess).
- day 25 of Thanksgiving month: gratitude in the wake of #Ferguson
- How to Awaken your Shakti
- Read the Full Blog