Vegetable Egg Scramble
VEGETABLE EGG SCRAMBLE
Omega-3-enriched eggs are a “functional food” readily available at your local supermarket. They come from chickens fed a diet rich in algae or flaxseeds, the original sources of these healthy fats.
2 large eggs 1 tbsp water 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup assorted chopped raw vegetables (onions, red bell peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, zucchini, summer squash, asparagus, mushrooms, etc.) Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
2. tbsps chunky tomato salsa
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and water until well mixed.
2. Heat the oil in a small cast-iron pan over medium heat. Add the vegetables and sauté until they are tender but still crisp, 2–3 minutes.
3. Pour the eggs over the vegetables and cook, stirring constantly, until the eggs scramble and set.
4. Season to taste with salt and black pepper, and top with the salsa.
Ebola Workers Named TIME Person of the YearWhile the outbreak has been somewhat contained, the outbreak has finally got...
7 Benefits of Exercising Outside This WinterEmbrace the cold conditions and reap the benefits of a winter workout. Curious...
The Alien Inside YouThe U.S. spends up to 10 percent on medical bills from ailments that are associated...
Youth Depression and Self-Harm: Erin’s StoryIn 2014, Erin posted a Youtube video talking about her struggles with anxiety,...