Vegetable Egg Scramble
VEGETABLE EGG SCRAMBLE
Omega-3-enriched eggs are a “functional food” readily available at your local supermarket. They come from chickens fed a diet rich in algae or flaxseeds, the original sources of these healthy fats.
2 large eggs 1 tbsp water 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup assorted chopped raw vegetables (onions, red bell peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, zucchini, summer squash, asparagus, mushrooms, etc.) Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
2. tbsps chunky tomato salsa
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and water until well mixed.
2. Heat the oil in a small cast-iron pan over medium heat. Add the vegetables and sauté until they are tender but still crisp, 2–3 minutes.
3. Pour the eggs over the vegetables and cook, stirring constantly, until the eggs scramble and set.
4. Season to taste with salt and black pepper, and top with the salsa.
Why Doesn’t the FDA Regulate Essential Oils?The Food and Drug Administration first started under the passage of the Pure...
Can You Prevent Alzheimer's Disease?Alzheimer's disease is the most common form of dementia affecting people of...
Eat Better - TogetherWith a little planning, meal time can once again become a time to bond as a...