Uncommon Ways to Use Salt
If you think that salt is used only to season food, think again. There are literally hundreds of ways that salt can be used as a natural cleaning aid, kitchen helper, stain remover, and even for medical purposes!
BY: Jo Ann LeQuang
1. Spread salt between bricks and blocks on your patio, sprinkle water,and you have created your very own weed killer
2. Salt mixed with soapy water is perfect for killing poison ivy
3. Salt placed inside of a cloth that has been moistened keeps snow and ice from sticking to your windshield
4. Rock salt sprinkled on sidewalks and driveways keeps snow from sticking to the pavement and allow it to be removed easily
5. Salt can be used for cleaning oil spills in the garage. Simply sprinkle salt on the spill and wait 15 minutes.It makes cleaning much easierYou can use salt for medicinal purposes, as well.