Pumpkin and Black Bean Soup
• 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan
• 1 medium onion, finely chopped
• 3 cups canned or packaged vegetable stock, found on soup aisle
• 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes in juice
• 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained
• 2 cans (15 ounces) pumpkin puree (found often on the baking aisle)
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 1 tablespoon curry powder, 1 palm full
• 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, 1/2 palm full
• 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, eyeball it in the palm of your hand
• Coarse salt
• 20 blades fresh chives, chopped or snipped, for garnish
Heat a soup pot over medium heat. Add oil. When oil is hot, add onion.
Saute onions 5 minutes. Add broth, tomatoes, black beans and pumpkin puree. Stir to combine ingredients and bring soup to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium low and stir in cream, curry, cumin, cayenne and salt, to taste. Simmer 5 minutes, adjust seasonings and serve garnished with chopped chives.
Weight Watchers Cook it FastCheck out these five delicious recipes from Weight Watchers Cook it Fast.
An Inspirational Guide to Weight LossBeing committed to losing weight takes the willingness to fight the battle of...
8 Lessons People with Depression Learned from Their...Here are the lessons and gifts that eight persons with depression pulled from...
5 Ideas For Healing Your Soul When DepressedWhat can we do to heal or help someone who is feeling punished by God or losing...
Don’t Allow Cocktails to Sabotage Your DietYou can’t understand why you can’t lose weight. You exercise, keep calories...