Green tea has been promoted as a weight loss aid. That’s both true and false. Simply drinking five or six small cups of green tea daily will not make you thin. So if that’s your green tea diet, it won’t work. However, green tea is a definite weight-loss aid. It is packed with polyphenols and has caffeine (do not buy decaf if you want weight loss benefits). Polyphenols and caffeine together stimulate the body’s ability get rid of fat. In fact, five or six small cups of green tea daily (figure about 30 ounces total, taken over the course of the day) can boost the metabolic rate by 4%. So it aids in weight loss. If you want the real “Asian secret” to green tea weight loss, here are some tips:
· Drink five to six small cups (about 5 ounces) of green tea daily throughout the day. Do not add milk, do not add sugar or artificial sweetener. Green tea is a bit of an acquired taste, but if you stick with it, you will soon find it very refreshing.
· Substitute green tea when you can for higher-calorie beverages, including coffee drinks (which can contain more calories than a meal) and sodas.
· Green tea cannot help you lose weight unless you eat less, watch what you eat, and exercise more. If you are on a sensible diet and exercise plan, green tea can help you lose weight.
· Drink green tea throughout the day as a snack or pick-me-up.
· After eating a meal, cap it off with a small cup of green tea to help settle the stomach and promote good digestion.
Green Tea May Also Prevent…»