Amazing Cinnamon Cures
Cinnamon is one of the world’s most ancient spices, and yet still today is one of the most popular characters in the spice rack.
BY: Jo Ann LeQuang
First of all, you can start to scour some international cookbooks, since many countries regularly incorporate cinnamon in savory dishes, such as moussaka from Greece, curries from India, lamb stew from Morocco, and cinnamon rice from Mexico.
But here are 10 ideas on how to add MORE cinnamon to your life!
1. Top your morning bagel with cinnamon cream cheese.
2. Combine applesauce, walnuts, raisins and cinnamon for a terrific, healthful snack.
3. Sprinkle cinnamon on freshly popped popcorn. Go easy on the butter!
4. Mix cinnamon into plain or flavored yogurt. Kick it up by adding some fresh fruit or granola.
5. Quarter and bake butternut or acorn squash topped with cinnamon, salt and pepper.