Apple Cider Chicken
• 1/3 cup of white whole wheat flour
• 1 teaspoon salt , to taste (optional)
• 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
• 2 teaspoons garlic powder
• 2 teaspoons ground sage
• 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 3 tablespoons canola oil
• 4 medium Granny Smith apples , sliced thinly
• 2 cups apple cider
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
• 1 cup whole milk
• Mix the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and sage in a shallow pan
• Dredge chicken through flour mixture
• Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat
• Add chicken and brown each side 5 minutes
• In large mixing bowl, whisk cornstarch and milk, then add cider
• Add apple slices and cider mixture to the chicken
• Let it simmer, uncovered, until apples are tender (around 20 minutes)
• Transfer apple slices and chicken to a serving platter and serve
7 Things You Need to Know About EbolaThe deadly Ebola outbreak is ravaging Central and West Africa, and continuing...
Does Your Ethnicity Affect Your Health?A myriad of factors go into health like lifestyle, the environment, poor habits,...
Putting the Kibosh on Bad DreamsThere are many factors that cause bad dreams. Withdrawals from medication like...
6 Triggers that Slow Your MetabolismAre you wondering why your metabolism is in a slump? Eating at various times,...
Lose Weight with a Plant-Based DietEvidence has shown that eating a whole food and plant-based diet can help lose...