Save a Life, Save All Humanity--Take a Life, Kill All Humanity
What the Islamic scriptures really say about jihad and violence.faith. Osama Bin Laden reportedly thanked Allah when he heard the news of this week's attack. Other terrorist groups invoke Islam aswell. Hezbollah, the name of one militant group, is the Arabic word forParty of God; Hamas is the Islamic Resistance Movement.
Are the terrorists who cite the Qur'an distorting the spirit of thereligion or depicting its emphasis accurately? Here are several of theQur'an passages most frequently cited, and analysis from Islamicscholars.
On Jihad or "Holy War"
Chapter 2, verse 190: Fight in the cause of Allah those who fightyou, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loves nottransgressors.
- Museum of the Bible: Ancient History Meets Modern Technology
- Conan O’Brien Makes Powerful Statement On the Charlie Hebdo Tragedy
- Christians Flee Mosul as Extremist Group Threatens Death
- Science Catches Up With The Bible: Study Shows Religion Doesn’t Make People Righteous
- Christians Bad Tippers? No Not Really