Words of Wisdom
As rivers flow into the ocean but cannot make the vast ocean overflow, so flow the streams of the sense-world into the sea of peace that is the sage. But this is not so with the desirer of desires.
Bhagavad Gita 2:70
Excerpted from The Bhagavad Gita, translated by Eknath Easwaran, copyright 1985. Reprinted with permission from Nilgiri Press, www.nilgiri.org. To order the book, please call 1-800-475-2369.
Popular Hindu Features
- Hindu Mantra Meditation: What, Why, How
- Foods Forbidden in Hinduism
- Animal Symbolism in the Hindu Religion
- The 4 Surprising Tenets of a Vedic Society
- Your Day as a Hindu
- The Many Roles of Lord Krishna
- Nine Myths About Hinduism Debunked
- Hindu Goddesses from Beauty Power and Grace
- Six Spiritual Destinations to Renew Your Faith
- Delicious Hindu Dishes