Words of Wisdom
Negative feelings, such as violence, are damaging to life, whether we act upon them ourselves, or cause or condone them in others. They are born of greed, anger, or delusion, and may be slight, moderate, or intense. Their fruit is endless ignorance and suffering. To remember this is to cultivate the opposite.
The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, 2:34
From "The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali," translated by Alistair Shearer. Reprinted with permission from Bell Tower, a member of the Crown Publishing Group.
Popular Hindu Features
- Delicious Hindu Dishes
- Sacred Time: Religious Observances Around the World
- Trending: SikhWomen
- Ugadi: Kicking Off a Fresh Start with the Indian New Year
- 'Out of the Box' Resolutions for the New Year
- What's your VARNA quotient?
- So, what's a Hindu "breakfast"?
- Inspiring Hindu Quotes
- GOD particle vs. GOD principle
- A 5,000 year old Q&A with the lord of death