Words of Wisdom
Negative feelings, such as violence, are damaging to life, whether we act upon them ourselves, or cause or condone them in others. They are born of greed, anger, or delusion, and may be slight, moderate, or intense. Their fruit is endless ignorance and suffering. To remember this is to cultivate the opposite.
The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, 2:34
From "The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali," translated by Alistair Shearer. Reprinted with permission from Bell Tower, a member of the Crown Publishing Group.
Popular Hindu Features
- Animal Symbolism in the Hindu Religion
- The 4 Surprising Tenets of a Vedic Society
- Your Day as a Hindu
- The Many Roles of Lord Krishna
- Nine Myths About Hinduism Debunked
- Hindu Goddesses from Beauty Power and Grace
- Six Spiritual Destinations to Renew Your Faith
- Delicious Hindu Dishes
- Sacred Time: Religious Observances Around the World
- Trending: SikhWomen