Words of Wisdom
Among the wealthy, compassionate men claim the richest wealth, For material wealth is possessed by even contemptible men. Find and follow the good path and be ruled by compassion. For if the various ways are examined, compassion will prove the means to liberation.
Tirukkural 25: 241-242
Excerpted from the Tirukkural, translated by Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami. Copyright Himalayan Academy Publications, www.himalayanacademy.com.
Popular Hindu Features
- The Many Roles of Lord Krishna
- Nine Myths About Hinduism Debunked
- Hindu Goddesses from Beauty Power and Grace
- Six Spiritual Destinations to Renew Your Faith
- Delicious Hindu Dishes
- Sacred Time: Religious Observances Around the World
- Trending: SikhWomen
- Ugadi: Kicking Off a Fresh Start with the Indian New Year
- 'Out of the Box' Resolutions for the New Year
- What's your VARNA quotient?