Words of Wisdom
Among the wealthy, compassionate men claim the richest wealth, For material wealth is possessed by even contemptible men. Find and follow the good path and be ruled by compassion. For if the various ways are examined, compassion will prove the means to liberation.
Tirukkural 25: 241-242
Excerpted from the Tirukkural, translated by Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami. Copyright Himalayan Academy Publications, www.himalayanacademy.com.
Popular Hindu Features
- Delicious Hindu Dishes
- Sacred Time: Religious Observances Around the World
- Trending: SikhWomen
- Ugadi: Kicking Off a Fresh Start with the Indian New Year
- 'Out of the Box' Resolutions for the New Year
- What's your VARNA quotient?
- So, what's a Hindu "breakfast"?
- Inspiring Hindu Quotes
- GOD particle vs. GOD principle
- A 5,000 year old Q&A with the lord of death