According to Foss, some common obsessions in scrupulosity include:
• Repetitive thoughts about having committed a sin
• Exaggerated concern with the possibility of having committed blasphemy
• Excessive fear of having offended God
• Inordinate focus on religious, moral, and/or ethical perfection
• Excessive fear of failing to show proper devotion to God
• Repeated fears of going to hell / eternal damnation
• Concern that one’s behaviors will doom a loved one to hell
• Unwanted sexual thoughts about God, Jesus, or a religious figure such as a priest
• Unwanted mental images such as Satan, 666, hell, sex with Christ, etc.
• Excessive fear of having acted counter to one’s personal morals, values, or ethics
5 Things You Never Knew About Your CycleLadies, these facts about your menstrual cycle will surprise you.
6 Practical Life Lessons Jesus Taught the DisciplesJesus was not just a Savior, but He was also a friend, a teacher, and mentor...
Child Poverty Rates Higher Than During the RecessionStatistics note that twenty-two percent of American children were living in...
More from Beliefnet