According to Foss, some common obsessions in scrupulosity include:
• Repetitive thoughts about having committed a sin
• Exaggerated concern with the possibility of having committed blasphemy
• Excessive fear of having offended God
• Inordinate focus on religious, moral, and/or ethical perfection
• Excessive fear of failing to show proper devotion to God
• Repeated fears of going to hell / eternal damnation
• Concern that one’s behaviors will doom a loved one to hell
• Unwanted sexual thoughts about God, Jesus, or a religious figure such as a priest
• Unwanted mental images such as Satan, 666, hell, sex with Christ, etc.
• Excessive fear of having acted counter to one’s personal morals, values, or ethics
Conversations of FaithHere are some ways to engage in mindful and respectful dialogue when discussing...
What We Can Learn from St. Josephine BakhitaSt. Josephine Bakhita, the patron saint of Sudan has much to teach us, especially...
4 Super Easy Ways To Share Your FaithYou don’t have to be overly aggressive when it comes to being a witness for...