According to Foss, some common obsessions in scrupulosity include:
• Repetitive thoughts about having committed a sin
• Exaggerated concern with the possibility of having committed blasphemy
• Excessive fear of having offended God
• Inordinate focus on religious, moral, and/or ethical perfection
• Excessive fear of failing to show proper devotion to God
• Repeated fears of going to hell / eternal damnation
• Concern that one’s behaviors will doom a loved one to hell
• Unwanted sexual thoughts about God, Jesus, or a religious figure such as a priest
• Unwanted mental images such as Satan, 666, hell, sex with Christ, etc.
• Excessive fear of having acted counter to one’s personal morals, values, or ethics
New Morning MerciesMornings can be tough. Sometimes, a hearty breakfast and strong cup of coffee...
7 Reasons The Lost Gospel Isn’t TrueIn The Lost Gospel, Professor Barrie Wilson and Jewish writer Simcha Jacobovici...
4 Reasons to Pray Out LoudWe’re often taught to pray silently and in secret, as prayer is an intimate...