According to Foss, some common obsessions in scrupulosity include:
• Repetitive thoughts about having committed a sin
• Exaggerated concern with the possibility of having committed blasphemy
• Excessive fear of having offended God
• Inordinate focus on religious, moral, and/or ethical perfection
• Excessive fear of failing to show proper devotion to God
• Repeated fears of going to hell / eternal damnation
• Concern that one’s behaviors will doom a loved one to hell
• Unwanted sexual thoughts about God, Jesus, or a religious figure such as a priest
• Unwanted mental images such as Satan, 666, hell, sex with Christ, etc.
• Excessive fear of having acted counter to one’s personal morals, values, or ethics
6 Ways Science Reveals God’s TruthDr. Leslie Wickman is more than a scientist--she’s a believer who explains science...
What Spiritual Strength Looks Like for MenWhat does spiritual power look like for men besides reading the Scripture? It’s...
7 Things You Didn’t Know About Intercessory Prayer...Intercessory prayer is a gift from the Holy Spirit that allows you to prevail...
6 Ways to Follow God When the Path Isn’t ClearThe Christian road has never been one of comfort when you follow Christ and...