According to Foss, some common obsessions in scrupulosity include:
• Repetitive thoughts about having committed a sin
• Exaggerated concern with the possibility of having committed blasphemy
• Excessive fear of having offended God
• Inordinate focus on religious, moral, and/or ethical perfection
• Excessive fear of failing to show proper devotion to God
• Repeated fears of going to hell / eternal damnation
• Concern that one’s behaviors will doom a loved one to hell
• Unwanted sexual thoughts about God, Jesus, or a religious figure such as a priest
• Unwanted mental images such as Satan, 666, hell, sex with Christ, etc.
• Excessive fear of having acted counter to one’s personal morals, values, or ethics
5 Ways to Influence Culture as a Follower of GodThe absence of righteousness in our culture has everything to do with the absence...
4 Ways to Guide Kids to Trust ChristHere are some important things to remember as you lead your child to Christ....
What Did Jesus Look LikeThe Bible doesn’t go into great detail about the physical features of Jesus...
5 Reasons The Primary Goal Is Not To Go To HeavenGod’s plan has always been to bring Heaven to Earth. As Christians we have to...