According to Foss, some common obsessions in scrupulosity include:
• Repetitive thoughts about having committed a sin
• Exaggerated concern with the possibility of having committed blasphemy
• Excessive fear of having offended God
• Inordinate focus on religious, moral, and/or ethical perfection
• Excessive fear of failing to show proper devotion to God
• Repeated fears of going to hell / eternal damnation
• Concern that one’s behaviors will doom a loved one to hell
• Unwanted sexual thoughts about God, Jesus, or a religious figure such as a priest
• Unwanted mental images such as Satan, 666, hell, sex with Christ, etc.
• Excessive fear of having acted counter to one’s personal morals, values, or ethics
Celebrities Who Went from Wealthy to BrokeThese celebrities thought they had it all until they went broke.
7 Things You Didn’t Know About Carrie UnderwoodDo you think you know everything about this country star? Find out here.
When Exercise Doesn’t Equal Weight Loss: How to Stay...Exercising sometimes doesn’t equate to the pounds melting off, but you can keep...
More from Beliefnet