page Common Obsessions
According to Foss, some common obsessions in scrupulosity include:
• Repetitive thoughts about having committed a sin
• Exaggerated concern with the possibility of having committed blasphemy
• Excessive fear of having offended God
• Inordinate focus on religious, moral, and/or ethical perfection
• Excessive fear of failing to show proper devotion to God
• Repeated fears of going to hell / eternal damnation
• Concern that one’s behaviors will doom a loved one to hell
• Unwanted sexual thoughts about God, Jesus, or a religious figure such as a priest
• Unwanted mental images such as Satan, 666, hell, sex with Christ, etc.
• Excessive fear of having acted counter to one’s personal morals, values, or ethics
5 Ways Hardship Helps Us Grow SpirituallyWhile hardship is challenging, we should always look for ways to grow, as a...
5 Ways to Know Your Ambition is from GodThere is nothing wrong with ambition. It’s healthy and most of the Bible’s leaders...
6 Unexpected Places the Devil Will Show Up In Your...As God’s enemy, the Devil’s primary plan and purpose is to hinder God’s work...
8 Ways to Pray for HealingYou don’t need to be a church leader to pray for healing. Try the following...