According to Foss, some common obsessions in scrupulosity include:
• Repetitive thoughts about having committed a sin
• Exaggerated concern with the possibility of having committed blasphemy
• Excessive fear of having offended God
• Inordinate focus on religious, moral, and/or ethical perfection
• Excessive fear of failing to show proper devotion to God
• Repeated fears of going to hell / eternal damnation
• Concern that one’s behaviors will doom a loved one to hell
• Unwanted sexual thoughts about God, Jesus, or a religious figure such as a priest
• Unwanted mental images such as Satan, 666, hell, sex with Christ, etc.
• Excessive fear of having acted counter to one’s personal morals, values, or ethics
7 Things the Right Relationship Teaches YouWhen you find yourself alongside a teammate who you can laugh with, cry with,...
10 Prayers To Crush The Poverty MindsetIs your mind shackled and controlled by the spirit of poverty. Yes it’s a spirit...
5 Patron Saints for HealingCatholics believe that the prayers of the saints in heaven are very powerful....
Is America Now a Secular Nation?There is a growing number of data suggesting America is moving away from its...
More from Beliefnet