According to Foss, some common obsessions in scrupulosity include:
• Repetitive thoughts about having committed a sin
• Exaggerated concern with the possibility of having committed blasphemy
• Excessive fear of having offended God
• Inordinate focus on religious, moral, and/or ethical perfection
• Excessive fear of failing to show proper devotion to God
• Repeated fears of going to hell / eternal damnation
• Concern that one’s behaviors will doom a loved one to hell
• Unwanted sexual thoughts about God, Jesus, or a religious figure such as a priest
• Unwanted mental images such as Satan, 666, hell, sex with Christ, etc.
• Excessive fear of having acted counter to one’s personal morals, values, or ethics
Life Lessons from the DiamondThe excitement of the postseason and the World Series is upon us, and after...
Celebrities Who Reclaimed Their VirginityFor personal and religious reasons, these ten celebrities reclaimed their virginity...
4 Things Learned From the Pope’s US VisitHere four things that the world learned from the Pope’s recent visit to the...
Notable Quotes from Carly FiorinaOne can’t deny that the 2016 GOP race has been very exciting to watch. It promises...
More from Beliefnet