Connect with Community
Why didn't God make a perfect world? Frederica Mathewes-Green says perfection may not be so appealing.
Orthodox Christian Video
What Do You Think?
Over at the First Things blog , my friends Robert T. Miller and Frederica Mathewes-Green are debating Pope Benedict's appeal to both Israel and Hezbollah to drop their arms and stop fighting. Robert, who is Catholic, criticizes the Pope's position: It may seem unobjectionable, from a moral point of view, to say that parties involved in an armed conflict ought to stop fighting immediately, but ...
I could squeak through fasting rules with a 'Virtue Cookie,' but should I try to?
Meet Orthodox Members
Top Beliefnet Content
- Is Over The Top Worship An Oxymoron
- Why We Could Never Earn Eternal Life
- Rare Bird: A Memoir of Love and Loss
- 6 Things Christians Don’t Say Enough
- Christmas Grace: The Greatest Gift
- 7 Ways To Jumpstart Your Morning Devotions
- 8 Comebacks To Silence Doubt
- 7 Things Atheists Get Wrong About God
- 6 Soul Benefits of Silence and Solitude
- 5 Life Lessons From The Apostle Peter