Connect with Community
Why didn't God make a perfect world? Frederica Mathewes-Green says perfection may not be so appealing.
What Do You Think?
Over at the First Things blog , my friends Robert T. Miller and Frederica Mathewes-Green are debating Pope Benedict's appeal to both Israel and Hezbollah to drop their arms and stop fighting. Robert, who is Catholic, criticizes the Pope's position: It may seem unobjectionable, from a moral point of view, to say that parties involved in an armed conflict ought to stop fighting immediately, but ...
I could squeak through fasting rules with a 'Virtue Cookie,' but should I try to?
Meet Orthodox Members
Top Beliefnet Content
- How to Practice Christianity at Work
- How To Examine Your Conscience
- 6 Events That Shaped the Church
- 6 Things Jesus Didn't Die For
- 6 Things The 'Killing Jesus' Movie Is Not
- 7 Temptations Every Christian Man Faces
- 8 Questions to Ask Before Dating a Non-Christian
- Why are Catholic and Protestant Bibles Different?
- 5 Ways God Speaks to His Children
- The Christ Experience