Connect with Community
Why didn't God make a perfect world? Frederica Mathewes-Green says perfection may not be so appealing.
Orthodox Christian Video
What Do You Think?
Over at the First Things blog , my friends Robert T. Miller and Frederica Mathewes-Green are debating Pope Benedict's appeal to both Israel and Hezbollah to drop their arms and stop fighting. Robert, who is Catholic, criticizes the Pope's position: It may seem unobjectionable, from a moral point of view, to say that parties involved in an armed conflict ought to stop fighting immediately, but ...
I could squeak through fasting rules with a 'Virtue Cookie,' but should I try to?
Meet Orthodox Members
Top Beliefnet Content
- 6 Christians Who Risked Everything to Defend Biblical Truth
- 7 Ways Christians Can Rethink Christmas
- The Gospel in Tolstoy
- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pope Francis’ Year of Mercy
- Museum of the Bible: Ancient History Meets Modern Technology
- Saints and Mothers and Messy Drawers
- Praying for the Lost
- Prayers for Advent
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About the Real St. Nicholas
- 9 of the Most Inspiring Christian Women in Hollywood