The Return of Jesus 'Could Be Any Time'

As their 'Left Behind' series comes to a close, co-authors Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins look forward to the end--of all time.

bobson

06/09/2011 12:54:54 AM

For everyone who says the bible says nothing about a rapture, then please explain what Jesus is saying in Revelations 3:10 to the church of Philadelphia: 10 'Because you have kept the word of My perseverance, I also will keep you from the hour of testing, that hour which is about to come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. Notice this is not a promise for all "christians" as the ones from Laodicea ("people's rights") will be spit out

weaselkin

08/10/2007 06:48:04 PM

These gentlemen have made a bundle selling their idea of the end of time. I agree with those who express the view that the Rapture does not exist as a part of the Bible. Amazing how many people are fixated on this notion. They own Bibles, research for yourselves. Honestly these preachers are kinda creepy-perfect smiles and all. I hate to say it but be on the lookout for false prophets. I do believe Jesus could return any time, and I hope soon. Me, I'll keep to my Bible for the information I seek, and weigh very carefully that which I hear from outside sources.

onetimeblind

08/09/2007 10:32:08 AM

"This left behind mumbo-jumbo is uniquely 'American Christian'"....Not really. A book entitled "In the Twinkling of an Eye" was written by an Englishman over a century prior to the Left Behind phenomenon.

heathersa

08/07/2007 11:52:42 AM

I believe in the catching away of the church for the Lord is coming back for a church that's without spot or wrinkle and the ones that obeys the Gospel of Acts 2:38 and con fess that Jesus is the Christ the Son of the living GOD and you must recive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

jamesbcurtis

07/30/2007 12:30:13 PM

"Rapture."It is nowhere in the Bible-fiction made up by evangelists in the early 18th century,using fear to get $.Jesus said,I shall come again to judge the living and the dead. Most people enter the Kingdom of Heaven if they acknowledge Jesus as the son of God and love him. Bible calls for simple faith.Jesus said, beware of all soothsayers, charlatans, ministers-wolves in sheeps clothing. They know not the hour of my return, for I will come like a thief in the night. The meek shall inherit the Earth. Blessed are the peacemakers,they shall see God. fundamentalists that support Bush's "Holy War" will die by the sword,as they support his pre-emptive war of aggression against Iraq, who had never attacked us. I would love to know how many millions the writers of the "Left Behind" FICTION have gotten from the poor suckers who actually believe the Rapture fiction that was not part of ANY Christian theology before the "travelin ministers" in the early frontier USA. There is a sucker born every minute.

zonmoy

07/29/2007 09:54:35 PM

just say that it was my families pushing of this kind of theology in their fundamentalist religion that made me figure out the malevolent nature of god. someone that would butcher billions of people followed by eternally torturing them is nothing less than an evil monster.

pilgrim1942

07/29/2007 06:00:49 PM

Let us remember that Mr.LaHaye used to be a leading member of The John Birch Society. He and his cohort, while they may certainly believe this mumbo-jumbo, have absolutely no proof of its validity. Revelation's author is still in question with most persons feeling that it was not John due to the date of its inception (after his death). The most critical thing about the Rapturites is that they allign themselves politically with the neo-cons. Hence, let us not worry about the environment, human rights, etc... because the end times could happen any minute now! Believe any of this malarkey and I have some swamp land in Florida I'd like to sell you.

Raksha

07/29/2007 11:14:30 AM

This is the greatest analysis of the Left Behind books I have ever read (it's posted with the newest entries at the top, so scroll down to the bottom to start at the beginning). It is a page by page critique of the complete and total theological, moral, and literary failings of 'Left Behind' written by an evangelical Christian who knows his Bible very well, knows his history, and knows about literature. It's hilarious and fascinating.

gadje

07/29/2007 03:54:11 AM

Jenkins: "And if there isn't [a god], then what are they fighting against?" They're fighting against religious busy bodies, like you jenkins, who want to rush in the "end times". Reminds of the prayer, "Dear lord deliver me from your followers"

doxieman122

07/28/2007 09:10:35 PM

My commentary on the discussion forums ...

cainswife

07/27/2007 01:40:05 PM

I feel angry with and sorry for the people who don't have enough background information about Christianity and the bible to be able to chuck this crap in the trash. Oh, well, as long as they can't enact laws or cause bodily harm to me and mine.

thefish

07/27/2007 12:29:40 PM

I don't like the poll question. How about "Do you think the End Times will come...period?" Answer: No. Not in this lifetime or the next...like another poster stated...the end, the beginning...they're all the same. For every beginning there is an ending, and for every ending there is a beginning...this creates eternity...if there is an ending then there is not such thing as eternity. Cycle...people...it's a cycle...not linear... Peace <

TheMQ

07/27/2007 10:56:45 AM

Anyone who thinks the god of the Bible is a "loving god" has obviously not read the Bible.

aveteran

07/27/2007 02:02:15 AM

"An atheist has decided to ignore all the evidence that there's a God" Another lie. There is no evidence. Most Atheists, given valid EVIDENCE, not flowery prose and BS, would change their minds. But there is NO evidence. "I see all this evidence that there is a God." So provide it. "They believe in evolution, and evolution is the biggest fairy tale in our past two centuries." Once again they blaspheme their "God" by declaring that he is incapable of instituting a process like evolution to create life in general, and man in particular. Faith and evolution are NOT incompatible. Cripes, even Pope Ratzinger recognizes that. "You just pop up from the slime pits, you know?" Sounds like Sunday morning televangelists. These two are entitled to their own opinions, of course. Just as I am. Now I'll sit back and wait for the "loving" Christians to gleefully condemn me to eternal damnation....

aveteran

07/27/2007 02:00:59 AM

"The ACLU and other anti-God agencies have tried to eliminate God from our public square." An outright lie. The ACLU and other CIVIL RIGHTS groups have had to rein in overbearing Christians who refuse to allow other Americans to practice their own beliefs without interference, or who try to force Christianity on them. Some Christians have a bad habit of using government positions as a bludgeon against the "ungodly".

aveteran

07/27/2007 01:59:57 AM

These two jokers prove their dishonesty with several statements. "we've expelled God from the public school. We've expelled Him from many of our places." If "God" is omnipotent (or even exists, however unlikely), there's no way man could expel him from anywhere. They blaspheme and deny the omnipotence of their omnipotent being.

skelligmichaeldee

07/26/2007 11:05:57 PM

This left behind mumbo-jumbo is uniquely "American Christian". It's part of the Church of Dixie doctrine, although adherents are not always southerners. What is so awful about our days? The middle ages with 50% of the population wiped out with plague was a picnic? The 100 years war was a cakewalk? Every person must face his own end times. Christ said no man knows when the world is going to come to an end. Stop obsessing on this nonsense and love God and your neighbor.

JohnQ

07/26/2007 11:00:32 PM

With the possible exception of the prohibition against homosexuality...there no greater human construct than the rapture. There is no Biblical nor theological support for this. What theatre! Peace!

brightmoon

07/26/2007 07:28:04 PM

not all christians believe in this rapture stuff .....i certainly dont, i just think its silly and defeatist and those books were so poorly written that they are almost impossible to read

bristlecone77

07/26/2007 07:12:50 PM

End, beginning. There is no difference. Shekah

protestant_irish

07/20/2007 06:22:35 PM

Lahaye is not off in idea that return of Jesus could be at anytime. But will Jesus seconde coming be as he went away ? the Bible is not to be taken as history book and we do not know Jesus will come like he went up either. Remember Elijah was come again and he came in spirlt of John the baptist. So we do not fully understand God teaching, since we simple mind souls. Come Lord Jesus we long for your present among us again amen.

DiggDeliciousNewsvineRedditStumbleTechnoratiFacebook