Vampires: They Don't Suck Anymore

From "Bram Stoker's Dracula" to Edward Cullen of "Twilight," check out how some of Hollywood's top fanged friends have evolved throughout time.

MarleneEmmett5

11/07/2011 10:04:50 AM

You can't get me to watch a Twilight film or read a book in the series. I'm a 57 year old women, who's a MAJOR TRUEBLOOD FAN. TrueBlood is a series for woman over twenty. My attraction to the Vampires of TrueBlood is mainly sexual. They're men who are in their 30's/40's not boys who are 20. The Vampires are Fantasy. Jesus/God is REAL. In Season 5 of the show beginning in June 2012 we may even touch upon the subject of who was the first Vampire. Someone said that it would have been Judas Iscariot.?? He was forced to wander the Earth for betraying Christ.

MarleneEmmett5

04/15/2011 06:54:18 PM

I happen to be a Major fan of HBO'S TRUEBLOOD. I was a Dark Shadow's watcher. and it was that show which got rid of my fears of witches,Vampire and Werewolfs. Now I can't stand TWILIGHT. I'm "ols school" when it comes to my Vampires. When I say "Old School" My Vampires so don't walk in the daytime,they don't sparkle~ they're not maganomous and they respect their ELDERS. NOT Like Twilight Vampires. I love the show and the books that TRUEBLOOD IS BASED upon. Don't knock the show unless you've seen it. There are some of the best actor/actresses on it. Anna Paquin, who won an Osacr at the age of 12 is on it~ The series is based on her Character, Sookie Stackhouse, Another actress is Alfrie Woodward,there are two actors on the show who went to Julliard, And the actor Alexander Skarsgard is the son of Actor Stellen Skarsgard who was in "Mamma Mia & Angles & Deamon's"

shiraprophet

11/28/2009 02:37:41 PM

tHIS A REAL DANGEROUS IGNORANCE. i HAVE ASKED SOME YOUNG WOMEN WHAT IS SO ATTRACTIVE ABOUT A VAMPIRE; AND THEY SAY IT IS THE POWER I SAY G-D HAS POWER WHY NOT LOOK TO G-D BUT WITH THAT, THEY USUALLY WALK AWAY. THIS FANTASY ABOUT POWER COMING FR HURTING OTHERS OR FR LUST IS SO BARBARIC IF YOU LOOK BACK AT EARLY HUMAN HISTORY, THEY HAD A SIMILAR FASCINATION WE ARE GOING BACKWARDS LOVE IS THE TRUE POWER LOVE AND TRUTH THIS IS REAL STUPID AND VERY DANGEROUS I HAVE MET YOUNG GIRLS WHO ARE ACTUALLY CUTTING THEIR OWN LOVELY BODIES IT IS LIKE THEY HAVE A DEMON INSIDE OF THEM WANTING TO HURT THEMSELVES LIKE THAT. THEY CANNOT EVEN SEE HOW BEAUTIFUL THEY ARE YOUR CREATOR HAS FORMED YOU AND FASHIONED YOU IN THE WOMB BEAUTIFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE WHY THIS OBSESSION WITH UGLINESS?

chelsiev

10/28/2009 10:42:07 AM

I think that its stupid how over rated twilight is. yes it was an amazing book, but everyone is into it. even the people that called people like me freaks for liking that kind of stuff. preppy vampires are stupid as hell.

mr.boxes

03/26/2009 10:37:13 AM

Still haven't seen this flick... I'm sure my girl will buy it on DVD lol

MarleneEmmett5

11/21/2008 02:34:37 PM

Royboy111456: If you love vampires and love talking about Vampires why not come and join us at the HBO TrueBlood message boards~ we've been talking about the show and the series since August!!!!!

royboy111456

11/21/2008 07:21:39 AM

I really enjoyed this. The only thing I would have liked to see is your thoughts on the comical movies.

Empty and Meaningless, in a good way

11/20/2008 12:55:35 PM

Who wrote this! I love the writing!

shtiya

11/20/2008 10:46:13 AM

I was talking about "Dark Shadows".

shtiya

11/20/2008 10:31:40 AM

I wish I could have watched that. My mom said she used to watch it all the time. When I read the bit about the wolf's head cane, the first thing that popped into my mind is Stephen King's "Storm of the Century".

lonelyladypoet

11/20/2008 10:26:53 AM

I too watched Dark Shadows as a tween, I would run home from school to be able to watch it! He was very disgusted with himself and did not want to hurt others. That is what made him so cool, I guess. Over the years I have watched countless (no pun intended), vampire shows. Some have been what we expect and others did not. There was a short series on in the early eighties which protrayed vampires as normal part of society, some were city leaders and others were underground and that is where their battle was. Keeping the bad ones underground (not buried just underground like sewers). It was actually a pretty interesting series. I was intoduced to it by my son who collects videos and other things. Vampires have definately changed since the first vampire~~Dracula.

shtiya

11/20/2008 10:25:20 AM

I was all wrapped up in vampires when I was a teenager. I thought it was the coolest thing. Now the thought of it just seems gross. But, I have to say, my favorite vampire movie would have to be "The Lost Boys", ever since I was eight years old.....

petofi

11/15/2008 10:01:52 AM

Barnabas Collins has to be my favorite vampire. His was the first character to hate being a vampire, and wanted cured. Actually, Barnabas expected his father to kill him with silver bullets while he was in his coffin. But his father, Joshua Collins, couldn't bring himself to do it, so he had Barnabas' coffin chained with a crucifix on top of it in 1796. In 1967, a grave-robber, Willie Loomis, but the mistake of opening the coffin looking for jewels. The rest is "Dark Shadows" history.

Which Side Are You On?