A minister told his congregation, "Next week I plan to preach about the sin of lying. To help you understand my sermon, I want you all to read Mark 17."
The following Sunday, as he prepared to deliver his sermon, the minister asked for a show of hands. He wanted to know how many had read Mark 17.
Every hand went up.
The minister smiled and said, "Mark has only sixteen chapters. I will now proceed with my sermon on the sin of lying."
BAD JOKE DISCLAIMER: We recognize that religious humor can be risky. It is our hope that by laughing at ourselves (and others) we can make this subject more approachable. If you find any of these objectionable, we apologize. As with most jokes, the original authors are unknown - but we thank them.
- The Top 100 Animated Films of All Time: The Animators Pick
- Cassi Davis talks about Tyler Perry, reprising Aunt Bam in "Madea's Neighbors from Hell" and her relationship with God
- Interview: Daniel Licht, Composer of "Dexter"
- Happy Earth Day! Movies About Our Planet
- Submission deadline for UP Faith & Family Screenplay Competition is Friday
- Read the Full Blog
Your Funny Photos
What is this pigeon reading? Click for a closer look and to see more hilarious pictures.