Baptizing in the SpiritBefore celebrating a baptism, the deacon approached the young father and said solemnly, “Baptism is a serious step. Are you sure you’re prepared for it?”
“I think so,” the man replied. “My wife has made appetizers and we have a caterer coming to provide plenty of cookies and cakes for our guests.”
“I don’t mean that,” the deacon replied. “I mean, are you prepared spiritually?”
“Oh sure,” came the reply. “I’ve got a keg of beer and a case of whiskey.”
This joke was reprinted from "The Book of Catholic Jokes" by Deacon Tom Sheridan, with permission of ACTA Publications. Copyright 2008. All rights reserved.
- New York Yankees Pitcher CC Sabathia Checks into Rehab
- John Hanlon Interviews Beth Kushnick on Designing for "The Good Wife"
- How media can help end mass gun killings + K-LOVE teams with Feed My Starving Children
- Trailer: "Back in Time" -- Documentary About the Making of "Back to the Future"
- Trailer: A Bigger Splash with Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton, and Dakota Johnson
- Read the Full Blog
Your Funny Photos
What is this pigeon reading? Click for a closer look and to see more hilarious pictures.
Share Your Religious Funnies
Jokes By Category
Funny Photo Galleries
When Do You Laugh?
Can you laugh when things go wrong?