Baptizing in the SpiritBefore celebrating a baptism, the deacon approached the young father and said solemnly, “Baptism is a serious step. Are you sure you’re prepared for it?”
“I think so,” the man replied. “My wife has made appetizers and we have a caterer coming to provide plenty of cookies and cakes for our guests.”
“I don’t mean that,” the deacon replied. “I mean, are you prepared spiritually?”
“Oh sure,” came the reply. “I’ve got a keg of beer and a case of whiskey.”
This joke was reprinted from "The Book of Catholic Jokes" by Deacon Tom Sheridan, with permission of ACTA Publications. Copyright 2008. All rights reserved.
- Auli’i Cravalho Finds Out She Has Been Cast as Moana, the Heroine of Disney's New Animated Feature!
- Interview: Bryan Carberry and J. Clay Tweel on the Documentary "Finders Keepers"
- List: Movies about Peter Pan
- UP TV launches anti-bullying campaign
- Interview: Adriana Trigiani of "Big Stone Gap"
- Read the Full Blog
Your Funny Photos
What is this pigeon reading? Click for a closer look and to see more hilarious pictures.
Share Your Religious Funnies
Jokes By Category
Funny Photo Galleries
When Do You Laugh?
Can you laugh when things go wrong?