Hymns By Word AssociationA minister decided to do something a little different one Sunday morning.
He said, "Today, in church, I am going to say a single word and you are going to help me preach. Whatever single word I say, I want you to sing whatever hymn comes to your mind."
The pastor shouted out, "Cross!" Immediately the congregation started singing, in unison, "The Old Rugged Cross."
The pastor hollered out, "Grace!" The congregation began to sing "Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound..."
The pastor said, "Power." The congregation sang "There Is Power in the Blood." The Pastor said, "Sex." The congregation fell in total silence. Everyone was in shock.
They all nervously began to look around at each other, afraid to say anything.
Then all of a sudden, way from in the back of the church, a little old 87-year-old grandmother stood up and began to sing "Precious Memories."
- The People and Movies That Inspired "Hail, Caesar!"
- Interview: Francis Gary Powers, Jr. on his Father, the Cold War, and "Bridge of Spies"
- Joseph Gordon Levitt Wants to Know Your Thoughts on Technology and Democracy
- Video: "Risen" stars Joseph Fiennes and Maria Botto talk about meeting Pope Francis
- Interview: Nicholas Sparks on "The Choice"
- Read the Full Blog
Your Funny Photos
What is this pigeon reading? Click for a closer look and to see more hilarious pictures.
Share Your Religious Funnies
Jokes By Category
Funny Photo Galleries
When Do You Laugh?
Can you laugh when things go wrong?