The SinTwo elderly, excited Southern women were sitting together in the front pew of a church listening to a fiery preacher.
When this preacher condemned the sin of stealing, these two ladies cried out at the tops of their lungs, "AMEN, BROTHER!" When the preacher condemned the sin of lust, they yelled again, "PREACH IT, REVEREND!"
And when the preacher condemned the sin of lying, they jumped to their feet and screamed, "RIGHT ON, BROTHER! TELL IT LIKE IT IS... AMEN!"
But when the preacher condemned the sin of gossip, the two got very quiet. One turned to the other and said, "He's quit preaching and now he's meddlin'."
- Wit and Wisdom in The Jottery by Andy Selsberg
- Trailer: What Happened, Miss Simone? -- Nina Simone Documentary
- Tomorrowland Contest: The Museum of Science Fiction Wants Your Ideas About Tomorrow
- William Vanderbloemen's unique perspective on building strong ministry teams in a media age
- Interview: Alex Garland of "Ex Machina"
- Read the Full Blog
Your Funny Photos
What is this pigeon reading? Click for a closer look and to see more hilarious pictures.
Share Your Religious Funnies
Jokes By Category
Funny Photo Galleries
When Do You Laugh?
Can you laugh when things go wrong?