The Mayor and the ContractorThe mayor of a Jewish village decided to create an additional room in their home.
His wife spoke to the general contractor for some time. They laughed and enjoyed what seemed like a long conversation. Her husband asked what they were talking about. The woman introduced the two men and the general contractor returned to his work.
The husband asked, "Did you know each other?"
The wife replied, "Yes, actually. We were engaged to be married when I was very young."
Her husband smiled and said. "Wow, I guess you should be happy you married me. I'm the mayor. If you had married him, you would have been married to a general contractor."
"No" she replied. "He would have been the mayor."
- Joke shared by Beliefnet member Bubbleup
- "Giver" producers to donate 50¢ of each Labor Day ticket sale to children's literacy campaign
- Contest: Hey Arnold! The Complete Series
- Interview: Dylan Brody on Comedy, Depression, and Robin Williams
- Opera Flash Mob at a London Grocery Store
- Exclusive Clip: Juliette Lewis in "Kelly and Cal"
- Read the Full Blog
Your Funny Photos
What is this pigeon reading? Click for a closer look and to see more hilarious pictures.
Share Your Religious Funnies
Jokes By Category
Funny Photo Galleries
When Do You Laugh?
Can you laugh when things go wrong?