05/04/2000 07:14:07 PM
Oh...I could write my own book about the many animal graces I've been blessed with. Lately, with having disengaged from my sweetie of nine years, learning of my mother's terminal illness, and leaving my job of ten years, my three cats have been one of the few (and furry!) constant sources of serenity, joy, goofiness, pure love, and grounding (cleaning the litter box'll do that without fail!!). My relationship with each of them has deepened through this time, too. Their presences are so uncomplicated ... untainted by thought of gain or reward (well...except at supper time!) ... gentle ...soft ... musical (the melt-my-bones rumble of a purr-song) .... I am so looking forward to readng "Animal Grace" -- I've nosed through it at a local bookstore and a first skim reveals the voice of a woman who truly honours other creatures.
- Musician Challenges Believers to Shun Popular Music for 30 Days
- 'High School Musical' Star Graduates to Gritty Role in 'Gimme Shelter'
- Documentary Explores the Trials and Hurdles of Jeremy Lin
- Video: Duck Dynasty's Willie Robertson Speaks About his Faith
- Looking for a Great Film for Your Youth Group?