Hesham A. Hassaballa
Hesham A. Hassaballa is a Pulmonary/Critical Care physiciancurrently practicing in the greater Chicago area and has been aBeliefnet columnist since 2001. He has written extensively on a freelance basis, and his commentaries have been published in the ChicagoTribune as well as other newspapers around the country and around theworld. He is author of the essay "Why I Love theTen Commandments
,"published in the bookTaking Back Islam
(Rodale), winner of theprestigious Wilbur Award for 2003 Best Religion Book of the Year bythe Religion Communicators Council. He is also author of theThe Beliefnet Guide to Islam
, published by Doubleday in 2006, and an avid writer for his personal blog,God, Faith, and a Pen
In addition to writing, Dr. Hassaballa helped found the Chicagochapter of the Council on American Islamic Relations and has served onits executive board. He is co-chair of the Media Relations Committeeof the Council of Islamic Organizations of Greater Chicago, and he isalso a resident Scholar/Fellow at the International Strategy andPolicy Institute, a Chicago-based Muslim think tank.
More from Beliefnet
- Es la primera mujer con esta extraña enfermedad genética que se convierte en una modelo exitosa
- Modelo tailandesa quería operarse la nariz. Pero el médico le inyectó relleno en el lugar equivocado
- What the Christian can Learn from Dante’s Divine Comedy
- Pope Francis: Message of Hope in the Midst of Abortion
- What is Worse than Taking Pictures at Auschwitz?