FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Interviews available on request
Donna M. Autuori
Autuori Corporate Communications, Inc.
The final nominees for Beliefnet’s 2010 “Most Inspiring Person of the Year” are all very deserving of this honor and include:
· Joshua Williams, a 9 year old boy who founded a food bank that so far has distributed 300,000 pounds of food.
· Salvatore Augustine Giunta, the first living Medal of Honor recipient since Vietnam.
· The 33 survivors of the August 5, 2010 Chilean Mining accident who spent a record 69 days underground waiting to be rescued.
· Al Barsema, founder of Carpenter’s Place, a homeless shelter that also provides tools for rebuilding lives.
· Maddie Babineau, a 12 year old who raised thousands of dollars for children living in poverty in Africa before losing her own battle with cancer.
· Alyssa Milano, who uses social networking and her celebrity status to raise awareness and money for several different causes.
· Darius Nall, University of Central Florida football player and cancer survivor who inspires his teammates with his positive attitude and contagious enthusiasm.
· Philippe Croizon, a man who swam across the English Channel after losing his arms and legs in a tragic accident.
· Linda Fondren, a health activist who inspired her hometown to lose more than 15,000 pounds.
· Ryan Arnold, who donated a portion of his liver to his brother and died as a result.
To cast your vote, go to http://www.beliefnet.com/Inspiration/Most-Inspiring-2010/Most-Inspiring-Person-of-2010.aspx.
Beliefnet, a property of BN Media (Norfolk, VA) and a recipient of the National Magazine Award for General Excellence Online, is the largest multi-faith online community for spirituality and inspiration. Its mission is to help people find and walk a spiritual path that instills comfort, hope, clarity, strength and happiness for people who are exploring their own faith or curious about others. Beliefnet is the definitive source of spiritual information presented without defined editorial point-of-view, and is a leading authority for major news organizations in the United States. It covers an exhaustive range of topics and is continually enhanced by its users. Resources include blogs and social networking tools, feature articles and videos, quizzes, devotionals, photo galleries and interviews with noted politicians, celebrities and spiritual leaders. Beliefnet has more than 14 million newsletter subscribers and averages nearly three million unique visitors per month. Beliefnet is not affiliated with any spiritual organization or movement.
About BN Media
The mission of BN Media is to serve the vast online market for spirituality and inspiration, bringing audio-visual and written content to the masses while helping people make a difference for their favorite nonprofit organization. BN Media achieves this by bridging the gap through which ordinary activities inspire activism, online giving and volunteerism.
About Liberty Mutual
Boston-based Liberty Mutual Group is a diversified global insurer and fifth largest property and casualty insurer in the U.S. based on 2009 direct written premium. The Company also ranks 71st on the Fortune 500 list of largest corporations in the U.S. based on 2009 revenue. As of December 31, 2009, Liberty Mutual Group had $109.5 billion in consolidated assets, $95.0 billion in consolidated liabilities and $31.1 billion in annual consolidated revenue.