Donna M. Autuori Autuori Corporate Communications, Inc. (631) 321-0045
Norfolk, VA, January 4, 2011 – The final nominees for Beliefnet’s 2010 “Most Inspiring Person of the Year” have been announced and voting is now open from January 4, 2011 through January 24, 2011. Through its award, Beliefnet, the Web’s leading multi-faith inspiration and spirituality site and a property of BN Media (Norfolk,VA), gives recognition to an individual who has demonstrated significant courage, compassion, forgiveness, and/or self-sacrifice in the face of challenging circumstances. Based on the popular vote, a winner is selected and will be announced on January 31, 2011. This year’s award program is being sponsored by Liberty Mutual Group (www.libertymutual.com), a diversified global insurer and fifth largest property and casualty insurer in the U.S. based on 2009 direct written premium.
The final nominees for Beliefnet’s 2010 “Most Inspiring Person of the Year” are all very deserving of this honor and include:
· Joshua Williams, a 9 year old boy who founded a food bank that so far has distributed 300,000 pounds of food.
· Salvatore Augustine Giunta, the first living Medal of Honor recipient since Vietnam.
· The 33 survivors of the August 5, 2010 Chilean Mining accident who spent a record 69 days underground waiting to be rescued.
· Al Barsema, founder of Carpenter’s Place, a homeless shelter that also provides tools for rebuilding lives.
· Maddie Babineau, a 12 year old who raised thousands of dollars for children living in poverty in Africa before losing her own battle with cancer.